psa to photosensitive and epileptic folk: if you do not already have a browser extension to stop all gifs by default, now is the time to get it- tumblr and its advertising customers are very fond of flashing gifs and these will now be placed directly on your dashboard on the desktop and not just mobile
Paused! for Chrome (gifs start only when you click on them)
Active Stop Button for Firefox
Toggle Animated GIFs for Firefox
Firefox users can disable all .gifs by default with no extension:
- In the Location bar type ” about:config ” and hit enter (no quotes/spaces)
- Type “animation” into the filter field to find the preference
- Double-click the image.animation_mode line and edit it from “normal” to “none”
Humorously done but it brings up a very good point about the song. (And I like how the guys immediately reacted, “Wow, dude, that’s not okay.”)
reminder that this is the actual greatest youtube video of all time
This is the actual best thing I’ve ever seen on the internet
Hide and Seek Alone
Playing hide-and-seek-alone is quite popular in various parts of Asia. Those who have tried it report that it actually works and that they felt their lives were threatened.
You will need:
- A doll with legs. (The doll serves as a place for the spirit to enter, therefore it is advised that you not use a human doll or a doll that you really like because there is a great chance that the spirit will not leave the doll.)
- Rice (The spirit that eats this offering is said to grow stronger)
- Red thread (This symbolizes blood and acts of restraint)
- Something from your body (Fingernails are the most commonly used, but some use their own blood, skin, hair, etc. Don’t use someone else’s body parts or else it becomes a curse.)
- Weapon (Something to stab the doll with so that you can anger it. Real knives are dangerous, so most people use pencils or needles.)
- Salt water or alcohol (Without this, the game won’t end. This material is used to get rid of the spirit.)
- Hiding place
- A name (Giving the spirit a name is the most powerful thing a human can give. Names give spirits great power.)
Step 1: Cut the doll and replace its insides with rice.
Step 2: Place something from your body into the doll.
Step 3: Wrap the doll with the red thread thread as if to hinder it.
Step 4: In a bathroom, pour water into a large washbasin and find some place to hide.
Step 5: Place a cup of salt water in the place before starting the game.
Step 1: Start at 3 A.M. because that is the time when spirits are most active
Step 2: Give the doll a name
Step 3: When the clock strikes three, close your eyes and say “First tagger is (doll name)!” three times. (If you’re talking to the doll, you must talk sternly.)
Step 4: Go to the bathroom and place the doll in the washbasin.
Step 5: Turn off all the lights
Step 6: Close your eyes and count to ten. Ready your your weapon and head to the bathroom. Go to the doll and say “I found you (doll name)!” and stab the doll. Afterward, close your eyes again and say “Now (doll name) is it!” three times
Step 7: Place the weapon next to the doll and go to your hiding place. You MUST lock the door as well as all other doors and windows.
Step 8: Drink the salt water, but do not swallow or spit it out. The salt water will protect you from the spirit.
When you want to end the game, take any leftover salt water or alcohol and find the doll. Keep in mind that the doll may not be in the bathroom and there have been instances of it being outside. When you find the doll, Spray the salt water in your mouth on the doll and do the same with the excess water you have left. Close your eyes and shout “I win! I win! I win!” The spirit in the doll will give up and and the game ends. It is advised to dispose of the doll by burning it.
- Keep the game under two hours. After two hours, the spirit in the doll will be too strong to be removed.
- You must play alone. The more people there are, the higher the chances of someone getting possessed.
- Don’t go outside
- When hiding, BE SILENT
- Turn off all electronics before starting
- When running away, DO NOT LOOK BACK. Also, don’t fall asleep while playing. The doll might stab you.
- When discovered by the doll, you can get a small wound or even get possessed. If found by the doll, be careful because your weapon will be somewhere on the floor or in your pocket.
- After the game is over, it is important to lean up properly. Be sure to put salt in every corner of the house, especially places where you put the doll and where you found it. Salt is said to scare away spirits.
People who have played have reported some of the following events that usually take place while playing:
- TV changing channels on its own
- Perfectly normal lights flickering
- Doors opening and closing
- Hearing the sound of laughter
hide and seek with a doll more like hELL FUCKING NO
Someone needs to make this into a horror movie
I believe the name for this is hitori kakurenbo.
I want to write a short story on it, too. :D
oh my gosh i really want to write a story about the angel that sam prayed to all those years
and after the angel falls he’s human and he’s lost and so he makes this strange pilgrimage across the earth trying to find sam winchester because he just remembers that lost voice praying to him and praying to be saved and now the angel wants to find sam because he just wants to see and hear and touch that faithful man who prayed to him every single day and prayed to him even from the depths of hell when he was being ripped apart
#i’m gonna fucking cry #i don’t think it was cas who heard sam’s prayers i think it was someone else #oh my god can you imagine some young woman or man showing up on the doorstep of the bunker #asking for shelter (they look like hell) #and saying they know sam #and sam’s never seen them before of course #but then they say remember sam remember we spoke christmas of your freshman year #when you were thanking god for having gotten away from your father #but begging for your brother to be safe #i was the one who heard you asking for that #and dean looks at sam and sam stares at the angel #and ducks his head and lets them in (via)
SIGNAL BOOST!!!http://www.snopes.com/crime/gangs/lightsout.asp Snopes says it’s fake.
PLEASE READ. WILL NOT HURT TO AND FORWARD.
Kids are putting Drano, tin foil, and a little water in plastic drink bottles
and capping it up - leaving it on lawns, in mail boxes, in gardens, on
driveways etc. just waiting for you to pick it up intending to put it in the
rubbish, but you’ll never make it!!!
If the bottle is picked up, and the bottle is shaken even just a little - in
about 30 seconds or less it builds up enough gas which then explodes with
enough force to remove some your extremities. The liquid that comes out is
boiling hot as well.
Don’t pick up any plastic bottles that may be lying in your yards or in the
Pay attention to this. A plastic bottle with a cap. A little Drano. A little
water. A small piece of foil.
Disturb it by moving it; and BOOM!!
No fingers left and other serious effects to your face, eyes, etc.
Please ensure that everyone that may not have email access are also informed
What, are these kids budding sociopaths or something?
I’ve dealt with these before. If you find one:
- Do not touch it
- Do not touch it
- Do not let anyone else touch it
- Clear the area around it. It will explode on its own in time.
- Once it explodes, do not make contact with the liquid inside. If needed, flush it away with large amounts of water.
- Do not try to detonate it. You’ll probably be disfigured.
I’ve seen what these can do. The acidic liquid inside can strip the paint off a car.
This is genuinely terrifying.
The new captain jumped from the deck, fully dressed, and sprinted through the water. A former lifeguard, he kept his eyes on his victim as he headed straight for the couple swimming between their anchored sportfisher and the beach. I think he thinks youre drowning, the husband said to his wife. They had been splashing each other and she had screamed but now they were just standing, neck-deep on the sand bar. “We’re fine; what is he doing?” she asked, a little annoyed. “We’re fine!” the husband yelled, waving him off, but his captain kept swimming hard. ”Move!” he barked as he sprinted between the stunned owners. Directly behind them, not 10 feet away, their 9-year-old daughter was drowning. Safely above the surface in the arms of the captain, she burst into tears, “Daddy!”How did this captain know—from 50 feet away—what the father couldn’t recognize from just 10? Drowning is not the violent, splashing call for help that most people expect. The captain was trained to recognize drowning by experts and years of experience. The father, on the other hand, had learned what drowning looks like by watching television. If you spend time on or near the water (hint: that’s all of us) then you should make sure that you and your crew know what to look for whenever people enter the water. Until she cried a tearful, “Daddy,” she hadn’t made a sound. As a former Coast Guard rescue swimmer, I wasn’t surprised at all by this story. Drowning is almost always a deceptively quiet event. The waving, splashing, and yelling that dramatic conditioning (television) prepares us to look for is rarely seen in real life.
The Instinctive Drowning Response—so named by Francesco A. Pia, Ph.D., is what people do to avoid actual or perceived suffocation in the water. And it does not look like most people expect. There is very little splashing, no waving, and no yelling or calls for help of any kind. To get an idea of just how quiet and undramatic from the surface drowning can be, consider this: It is the No. 2 cause of accidental death in children, ages 15 and under (just behind vehicle accidents)—of the approximately 750 children who will drown next year, about 375 of them will do so within 25 yards of a parent or other adult. In some of those drownings, the adult will actually watch the child do it, having no idea it is happening.* Drowning does not look like drowning—Dr. Pia, in an article in the Coast Guard’s On Scene magazine, described the Instinctive Drowning Response like this:
- “Except in rare circumstances, drowning people are physiologically unable to call out for help. The respiratory system was designed for breathing. Speech is the secondary or overlaid function. Breathing must be fulfilled before speech occurs.
- Drowning people’s mouths alternately sink below and reappear above the surface of the water. The mouths of drowning people are not above the surface of the water long enough for them to exhale, inhale, and call out for help. When the drowning people’s mouths are above the surface, they exhale and inhale quickly as their mouths start to sink below the surface of the water.
- Drowning people cannot wave for help. Nature instinctively forces them to extend their arms laterally and press down on the water’s surface. Pressing down on the surface of the water permits drowning people to leverage their bodies so they can lift their mouths out of the water to breathe.
- Throughout the Instinctive Drowning Response, drowning people cannot voluntarily control their arm movements. Physiologically, drowning people who are struggling on the surface of the water cannot stop drowning and perform voluntary movements such as waving for help, moving toward a rescuer, or reaching out for a piece of rescue equipment.
- From beginning to end of the Instinctive Drowning Response people’s bodies remain upright in the water, with no evidence of a supporting kick. Unless rescued by a trained lifeguard, these drowning people can only struggle on the surface of the water from 20 to 60 seconds before submersion occurs.”
This doesn’t mean that a person that is yelling for help and thrashing isn’t in real trouble—they are experiencing aquatic distress. Not always present before the Instinctive Drowning Response, aquatic distress doesn’t last long—but unlike true drowning, these victims can still assist in their own rescue. They can grab lifelines, throw rings, etc.
Look for these other signs of drowning when persons are in the water:
- Head low in the water, mouth at water level
- Head tilted back with mouth open
- Eyes glassy and empty, unable to focus
- Eyes closed
- Hair over forehead or eyes
- Not using legs—vertical
- Hyperventilating or gasping
- Trying to swim in a particular direction but not making headway
- Trying to roll over on the back
- Appear to be climbing an invisible ladder
So if a crew member falls overboard and everything looks OK—don’t be too sure. Sometimes the most common indication that someone is drowning is that they don’t look like they’re drowning. They may just look like they are treading water and looking up at the deck. One way to be sure? Ask them, “Are you all right?” If they can answer at all—they probably are. If they return a blank stare, you may have less than 30 seconds to get to them. And parents—children playing in the water make noise. When they get quiet, you get to them and find out why.
The Wendigo is a spirit of famine from the folklore of the Algonquian peoples of the Great Lakes and much of Canada east of the Rockies. It is common in Midwestern horror stories and folktales. It is thought of as a malevolent cannibalistic spirit that could possess humans or a monster that humans could physically transform into. Those who indulged in cannibalism were at particular risk,and the legend appears to have reinforced this practice as a taboo.
It is said that in times of famine, any human that is driven to eat the flesh of another person in their hunger may become a Wendigo.
The Wendigo has an insatiable appetite. Whenever it eats a person it grows in proportion to the size of its meal, causing its hunger to grow more and more intense.
Please note that Wendigo are among the unpleasant category of monsters that are summoned by the mention of their name. The middle of Summer is about the only safe time to talk about them out loud. They can also use your name against you- if it’s the middle of Winter, and you hear your name in the howling wind, DON’T GO OUTSIDE. Get a friend to tie you to a bed or lock you in a closet if need be.
HOLY SHIT HOW ABOUT NO